Sunday, May 17, 2009

It’s Not That I Hate You, I Just Never Want To Hear From You Again

It’s Not That I Hate You, I Just Never Want To Hear From You Again

(electric guitar/ phase, delay, distortion)

I feel so alone when I’m with you
and I don’t think there’s anything to do
I guess that’s just the way it is
I can see it in your eyes and hear it in your tone, I see right through you
is this really how far we’ve come?
To pretend nothing’s wrong?
To piss our time miserably away?
To become another fucking cliche’?
Be careful what you say
because I promise to hold it all against you

and I wonder
how is it so easy
to make me feel so sad inside
and do it with a smile?
I’d ask you why
but I get the feeling
you wouldn’t tell me the truth, anyway

I’m so alone lying in bed with you
I can’t help feeling played for a fool
I can’t help feeling so empty when I’m in your arms
I’m not interested in assigning blame
just in getting far awayfar away from you and the way you make me feel so inconsequential
I feel so alone when I’m with you
I can't breathe
I can’t wait for the day
I fly far away
far away from you
I’ll dry my eyes in the wind’s breeze

No comments:

Post a Comment